Welcome back MYHA referees to the new season. It's great to have you back, and we would like to extend an invitation to any adult or skater that is 12 years or older to join us as a referee in our association. It's a great way to learn more about the greatest sport in the world, while helping out our association.
Registration is easy AND IS REIMBURSED BY MYHA! You are also PAID by the association for any games that you referee.
Wisconsin Hockey Officials Association
Click on the button below to access this organization, and to register for referee clinics.
Interested in Refereeing?
Are You Interested in Refereeing Hockey This Year?
If you will be 12 years of age before December 1, 2023, you are eligible to become a hockey referee. Why officiate?
- You can earn money.
- To further develop your skating skills.
- To gain a better understanding of the rules and the game.
- To develop interpersonal skills and confidence by interacting with players and coaches.
Anyone that is interested in refereeing youth hockey games this year must take the USA Hockey Officials test and attend a Wisconsin Hockey Officials Association (WHOA) seminar. If you are an adult, WHOA is also requiring you to complete their background screening process before attending your seminar and SafeSport Education training is required for anyone 17 years old or older.
If you were a registered referee last year, you will receive an email notice regarding online registration directly from USA Hockey.
- Please go to www.wihoa.org and click on Seminar Schedule for a complete listing of seminar dates and locations.
* Pre-registration is required for all seminar participants. The on-line application is required with USA Hockey at www.usahockeyregistration.com and the seminar registration is available at www.wihoa.org. Please do not wait to register as there are a limited number of seats available at each of the seminars. Referee registration fees are reimbursable for our youth referees by MYHA upon refereeing a minimum number of games during the season.
* You will be required to take the online open book rules exam from USA Hockey as soon as possible, a closed book rules exam at the seminar or within a week of a virtual seminar and you must also complete the USA Hockey Online Education component.
* Please check the seminar schedules for starting and ending times of the seminars. Please bring a pen/pencil and paper for taking notes. Also bring your rule book if you have one.
* Level 1 and new officials are required to have a hockey helmet, ice skates, whistle, and referee jersey if available for the on-ice sessions. All Level 2, 3, and 4 officials are expected to be in full officiating gear for the on-ice sessions.
* Car pooling to the various seminars may be available depending if other Marshfield referees are attending the same seminar. Please let me know if you need transportation or are willing to help transport our younger referees.
* Should you have any further questions or need assistance in the pre-registration process, please call/text Mike Higgins at 715-613-0375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.